With Apple's business manager we can publish & distribute your Spencer application for your company. After configuration, employees are able to download the application for free using unique redemption codes in the Apple App Store.
This page will guide you through the process of creating and configuring a Managed Apple ID account that will allow you to generate redemption codes.
- Requesting a D-U-N-S number
- Enroll your organisation and request your Business Manager account
- Apple Verification
- Setting up Managed Apple ID account
- Find the organization ID to share it with Spencer
- What's next
To successfully create the account you'll need to gather some information about your company and an e-mail address. More listed below:
- An e-mail address that is not yet associated with an Apple ID. Keep in mind:
- It isn't possible to create a Managed Apple ID account that is linked to an existing Apple ID!
- Each country has its own Apple App Store. Redemption codes (VPP codes) generated for the App Store in The Netherlands, cannot be used by users of the French App Store, for example.
- Basic details from your organization like VAT number, address, etc.
- Your organisation's D-U-N-S number.
Requesting a D-U-N-S number
If you already have a D-U-N-S number you can skip this step.
D-U-N-S is a globally recognized system developed by Dun & Bradstreet (D&B). The D-U-N-S system allocates a unique identifier to companies.
More information on how to request a D-U-N-S number for apple can be found on their documentation page https://developer.apple.com/support/D-U-N-S/
Enroll your organisation and request your Business Manager account
Go to https://business.apple.com/#enrollment (if you are on a Mac they'll advise you to use Safari)
You'll be served with a screen similar to what is shown below:
Complete all the fields in the 'Enroll Your Organization' screen:
Check your email for a message from Apple Business Manager with the subject line “Your enrollment is in review" (as shown below)
☝️FYI- This process may take up to 5 days.
During the review process, your verification contact is contacted by phone and asked to confirm information about you and your organisation before approving your enrolment.
☝️make sure that these e-mails from apple don't end up in your spambox (they are send from apple.com) and double check missed phone calls.
After Apple speaks with your verification contact and confirms your information, that contact receives a mail from Apple, similar to “Thank you for verifying your organization.” Your verification contact can complete the following task (as shown below)
After this task is complete, the person who was selected to be the administrator receives a mail message from Apple Business Manager with the subject line “Enrollment Complete.” (as shown below)
Setting up Managed Apple ID account
#1 Click on Get Started in the email you received regarding the approval of your enrolment (shown below)
#2 Click on Create a Managed Apple ID
#3 Enter all required fields and complete the form
#4 Verify your account with the code you receive on your email
#5 Verify your account with the code you received on your phone
Find the organization ID to share it with Spencer
After completing the registration of your Managed Apple ID account, navigate to https://business.apple.com/ and login with your new Managed Apple ID account (as shown below)
Before we can continue, you'll need to complete your VAT information.
Click on Settings
Click on Enrolment information
You'll be presented with the following screen
Provide the following information to your customer success manager:
With this information we'll target your Spencer application directly to the correct organisation.
☝️FYI - as mentioned before, we'll need this from every Business Manager account in every country where the app will be available.
- Spencer will submit your Spencer version to Apple and target your organisation.
- Once approved you can start generating redemption codes (How to generate redemption codes inside Apples Business Manager)