In some cases (for example; prior to having a build in the App Stores or for distribution of Demo versions) it might not be possible to leverage the beta-testing capabilities of the iOS and Android App Stores. In such cases, we turn to Firebase, that's a Google-owned service that allows Spencer to distribute pre-release versions of the app to trusted testers.
The following page will describe how to install the beta distributions on Android.
Note that you will need to get invited to become a tester.
If you believe you have a case wherein Firebase distribution is required, please contact your Customer Success Manager
Installing Firebase tester app on Android
- As a tester you'll receive an email in your corporate mailbox. Go to your mailbox and open the invitation mail, sent from "Spencer (via Firebase App Distribution)".If you don't have access to your corporate inbox on your mobile phone, please forward the invite to an email adres you have access to on your Android phone.Click the "Download the latest build" button in the invitation mail.
- You'll be prompted to install the Firebase Tester App. Click "Download".
- Click "Download" to download the Beta application.
- Click on the file to start the installation process.
- Click "Install".
- Once the app is installed, click "Open" to continue.
- You'll be welcomed by a message from Firebase, click on "Sign in with Google". This is the gmail account linked to your Android phone.
- Click "download" to install the Spencer application.
- Once the app is installed, click "install" to continue.
- Once installed you'll be prompted with the a screen that your phone isn't allowed to install unknown apps from this source. Click on "Settings" to continue
- You'll be forwarded to the App Tester screen. Switch the "Allow from this Source" screen on as demonstrated below
- Go back to the App Tester app, you'll be prompted with the screen to install your version.
- Once installed, you can open the app from within the App Tester by clicking on "Open" or by directly open the app from your launch screen.