In this article we will describe how you can grant Spencer access to your Apple Developer account, so we can submit and publish your Spencer application and any updates of it on your behalf.
How to setup an Apple developer account
To publish apps to the Apple App Store you need a properly configured developer account. The process is described in detail in this blogpost. Keep in mind that:
- The first step is to set up an app store account for the organization. You’ll need to buy a developer program for €99 per year.
- Purchasing a developer program is best done with the cooperation of a legal representative, as contracts will need to be signed.
- It can take up to 14 days, so make sure to start the process well before submission of the app.
How to enable Spencer to distribute apps to the App store on your behalf
If you’d like Spencer to assist you in the app submission, you’ll need to provide the necessary access to your assigned Customer Success Manager.
- Navigate to https://appstoreconnect.apple.com/access/users
- Next, click the (+) button and provide firstname.lastname@example.org "admin" access.
You’ve now granted Spencer permissions to create & update apps, and sign builds for store submission.
Provide distribution certificates
This step is only required if 3 distribution certificates are created and in use.
Spencer won't revoke one of the certificates but we need access to them:
- P12 file including the private key
- password if required