Spencer is a custom application specifically developed for your organization. Therefore Apple requires custom business applications to be distributed via Apple Business Manager. Learn how to enroll your organization and how to configure your Business Manager to get Spencer to your employees.
In order to successfully enroll your organization in Apple Business Manager we advice you to have the following required information ready:
- Your organization needs to have a registered D-U-N-S® Number
- Basic organization details like your VAT number, address, website, etc.
- First & last name of the individual enrolling on behalf of the organization that has the legal authority to bind your organization to legal agreements
- A work email address that isn’t associated with an App Store or iCloud account, and that hasn’t been used as an Apple ID for any other Apple service or website.
Important: For each country that you would like to distribute Spencer in, you'll need a separate Business Manager. Redemption codes generated in each Business Manager are only valid in the country to which the Business Manager is registered.
Enroll in Apple Business Manager
Enroll your organization in Apple Business Manager by creating an initial account and entering some information about your organization. Find more detailed information by Apple in their Apple Business Manager User Guide.
Step 1 — Enroll your organization
Enter and review the following organization information:
- Data Universal Numbering System D-U-N-S Number
Important: The D-U-N-S Number must match the legal organization name and address.
- Your country or region
- Phone number
- Website URL
- Time zone and language
Enter and review your information:
- First and last name of the individual enrolling on behalf of the organization
Note: This must be a legal, human name. First and last names such as “IT Coordinator” or “Apple Deployment” will be returned to you to correct the information.
- A work email address that isn’t associated with an App Store or iCloud account, and that hasn’t been used as an Apple ID for any other Apple service or website
- For more information, see Initial administrator account email address requirements.
- Role/Job title
Enter and review the verification contact information. Examples include your CEO, CTO, or CFO. Apple contacts your verification contact to confirm your enrollment.
- Work email address
- Role/Job title
Tap Continue, review the information carefully, then tap Submit. Check your email for a message from Apple Business Manager with the subject line, “Your enrollment is in review.”
During the review process, your verification contact is contacted by phone and asked to confirm information about you and your organization before your enrollment is approved. Make sure that any filters allow mail from all apple.com domains. Return any missed phone calls quickly so the enrollment process can proceed smoothly.
Step 2 — Confirm enrollment and grant administrator access
After Apple speaks with your verification contact and confirms your information, that contact receives a mail message from Apple Business Manager with the subject line, “Thank you for verifying your organization.” Open the email message, review the message and do one of the following:
- Tap the “Confirm [name of person]” button to let that person be an administrator of Apple Business Manager. This is the name of the person who initially enrolled in Apple Business Manager.
- If you don’t want this person to be an administrator, tap the “choose someone else” link, enter another person’s information, then tap Submit.
Your verification contact must also check the box indicating that you approve this person to accept responsibility for signing the Apple Business Manager terms and conditions on behalf of your organization.
After this task is complete, the person who was selected to be the administrator receives a mail message from Apple Business Manager with the subject line, “Enrollment Complete.”
Step 3 – Complete the enrollment process
After your verification contact approves you, you’ll receive a mail message letting you know your enrollment is approved. You can then create your own Managed Apple ID and approve all the terms and conditions.
- Open the mail message from Apple Business Manager with the subject line, “Enrollment Complete.”
- Tap the “Get Started” button in the message to open Safari or your default browser.
- Enter an email address for you to use as your Managed Apple ID.
Important: This can be your work email address if you haven’t used it as an Apple ID before with an App Store or iCloud account, or any other Apple services or websites. This email address becomes your Managed Apple ID.
- Enter a secure password, then confirm it.
- Confirm your name, then enter your date of birth.
- Enter your SMS-enabled cell phone number, then select how you would like to obtain secondary verification.
- Tap Submit.
Note: You’ll be required to verify both your email address and your phone number.
- Tap the link in the email message you received to verify your email address.
- Enter the SMS verification code you received on your phone, then tap Verify.
- Accept the terms and conditions. You must accept all terms and conditions in order to proceed.
- You should immediately create at least one additional administrator account.
Have your tax information verified by Apple
Before we can continue, you'll need to complete your tax information and have it verified by Apple.
Sign in to your Business Manager account and navigate to 'Apps & Books' in the left side menu. Select that you are required to pay taxes and fill in your VAT number. Apple will verify your information within 5 days.
Enable custom apps in Apple Business Manager
To get access to the custom Spencer application, you need to have 'Custom Apps' enabled. Navigate to 'Settings' at the bottom left corner of your screen. Select 'Enrollment Information'. On the right you will see 'Custom Apps'. Make sure it's set to 'Enabled'.
Complete in your billing information
To be able to purchase licenses for the Spencer application, make sure your 'Billing information' is complete with a credit card linked to it. Navigate to 'Settings' at the bottom left corner of your screen. Select 'Apps & Books'. On the right you will see 'My Billing Information'.
Now that your Business Manager has been set up and confirmed, it's time to make the Spencer app available for your organization. Go to iOS distribution via Apple Business Manager and continue to Step 3.